Wet dog food is now one of the most trending readily available meals in the market. It has the highest demand. This food is prepared for every type of dog. This article will thoroughly look into all the details that will define that how you should buy it and why it is good for dogs.
Things you need to know before buying Wet Dog Food
Before buying, you must know the following things:
- The best company’s name/ repute, reviews and ratings.
- The ingredients used and the protein content, calorie and fat content.
- If any artificial flavors are being used or any unnamed meats are also being used.
- The weight of the product.
- The feeding guidelines.
- Your dog’s life stage.
All these things must be considered before opting for any wet food brand for curbs.
- Do dogs need wet food?
- What is the best wet dog food brand?
- What is the best wet canned dog food?
- What percentage of wet dog food is water?
- How long can wet dog food be stored?
- What is the tastiest wet dog food?
- Is dry or wet dog food healthier?
- What’s the best wet dog food?
- Does wet dog food need to be refrigerated?
- Is it Ok to just feed dogs wet food?
- What is the healthiest wet food to feed your dog?
- How often should dogs have wet food?
- Is it Ok to mix wet food with dry dog food?
- Wet dog foods to avoid
- Wet dog food feeding chart
- Wet dog food for senior dogs
- Wet dog food pouches
- Wet dog food for puppies
- Wet dog food without chicken
- Wet dog food for sensitive stomach
- Wet dog food bulk
- Wet dog food UK
- Wet dog food Walmart
- Blue Wet Dog Food
- Cesar Wet Dog Food
Do dogs need wet food?
Yes definitely! dogs need it. Wet food is very good as:
- It keeps the curbs hydrated. As water is essentially needed for dogs, therefore it has more amount of water and it fulfills hydration requirements of hounds significantly.
- It has less amount of carbs as carbohydrates are usually not easily digestible which is another plus point.
- The dogs with the kidney diseases must have this food so that the chronic kidney diseases can be controlled through proper hydration.
Wet food should be given to dogs 3 Oz per day according to body weight.
What is the best wet dog food brand?
Farmers dog fresh:
Farmers dog fresh is the best curb food brand. Following are the few things that make it stand as the best one:
- It has human grade ingredients.
- It has best ratings and reviews.
- It does not contain artificial flavors or colors.
- It is pre-portioned.
- It is usable at room temperature.
- It is attested by the veterinarians and dog food nutritionists.
What is the best wet canned dog food?
Purina pro plan savour adult canned wet food:
It is one of the best canned food brand for pooches.
- It has great reviews and ratings.
- It is best for sensitive stomach and is easily digestible.
- It has the best whitefish and brown rice flavor.
- This brand is made with vegetarians’ suggestions and company has 400 food scientists on work which includes vets, nutritionists and behaviorists.
What percentage of wet dog food is water?
Although it just contains 10 to 12% of water, however wet dog foods contain 75 to 80% percent of water content. From a single can of this food, your curb is getting almost 3.85 to 4.4% ounces of water.
How long can wet dog food be stored?
Closed cans of wet curb food can be stored for comparatively longer time than opened can. That’s why the canned dog food can be stored in big stores for a long time because they are airtight. As soon as the can is opened you can maximum store it for 5 to 7 days after opening and that also in the fridge. The hound must finish their canned food within 4 hours of serving otherwise it will get infected by bacteria and other airborne microbes. So, it is better to finish the canned food within first three days of buying.
What is the tastiest wet dog food?
Canidae all life stages canned dog food:
It is marked to be the tastiest of all wet foods in the market.
- It is extremely tasty and healthy.
- It is made with chicken, chicken liver and brown rice.
- It contains wholesome high quality ingredients, with no extra preservatives and additives which makes it more tastier.
- Even picky eaters are very eager to eat it.
- It also provides excellent outer coat to the dog.
- It imparts good digestive health, is good for healthy immune system and healthy bones.
- It comes in many flavors like chicken, turkey, lamb along with wholesome grains and fish.
Is dry or wet dog food healthier?
We believe wet curb food is better than dry one. It is because:
The wet curb food has less calories comparatively. As the carbohydrates are not easily digestible and along with that it has great amount of water and dogs are generally very lazy to drink water which majorly causes kidney issues, ureter stones and kidney stones in hounds. Eating wet curb food is best for hydration. Along with that it also tastes better for the dogs that are choosy in food.
Dry dog food on the other hand is good for curb’s dental health and prevents building up of tartar and plaque. Compared to wet food, dry food is easy to keep for many days and even for months. The best option is to mix both dry and wet food with the expert advice by keeping in count the amount of calories. For this carefully measure both foods before serving to your dog.
Both dry and wet food have their own pros and cons but both have equal health benefits for hounds.
The best option is to mix both dry and wet food for better results.
What’s the best wet dog food?
Royal Canin is one of the best known wet curb foods.
- It is formulated for small dogs and can be easily refrigerated.
- You can serve it by mixing an equal portion with dry dog food.
- It is made in North America, is grain free and vet recommended.
- It provides advance formula for pooches, has a balanced and complete nutrition.
- It contains Biotin and Vitamins like Riboflavin. It also contains minerals like Zinc Oxide.
- It can be given up to 22 lbs to small pups and more than 22 lbs to adult hounds.
- It has a great taste and texture.
Does wet dog food need to be refrigerated?
Yes it can be refrigerated but the best is that your curb eats his wet food within 4 hours of opening the tin. If your dog doesn’t eat it, then the leftover can refrigerated for maximum 5 to 6 days because once the can is opened, the air enters and the food is exposed to air borne microbes that can destroy the natural flavors and the food may start getting sour. Any dog food after 4 hours, if not kept in refrigerator, should be discarded.
Is it Ok to just feed dogs wet food?
Yes, it is completely Ok to just feed pooches with the wet food because this food itself is a complete nutritional diet with all the minerals, vitamins, probiotics, prebiotics, amino acids, fatty acids, Omega 7 and Omega 3.
It is a complete balanced diet and has all the necessary nutrients essential for your hound. Experts think that it doesn’t matter if you are feeding your hairy friend with just dry or wet food, the thing that matters is that the food must be completely balanced and it must provide all necessary proteins, fats, proper proportioned amount of carbs and other major ingredients essential for the growth of pups.
What is the healthiest wet food to feed your dog?
Open farm grass fed beef rustic stew:
It is considered the healthiest one!
- It comes in three flavors of chicken, beef and turkey.
- It is made from humanely raised chicken, beef and turkeys.
- It has total calories of 320 k/cal.
- It completely meets AAFCO standards and is completely backed by scientists and is approved by vegetarians as the healthiest.
- It is very healthy and tasty for picky eaters.
- It contains nutrient rich beef with veggies and super foods.
- It does not contain any grains and potatoes and has no additives and artificial flavors.
- It has very good packaging that is leak free and BPA free.
- The company also has excellent customer service and its reviews and ratings are very good.
How often should dogs have wet food?
It is completely an owner’s choice if he wants to feed it daily. Some dog owners serve wet foods on an irregular basis like thrice in a month. Some owners prefer giving wet food to curbs everyday. If your hairy friend is having wet food daily then you must feed it to them three times a day for a few starting months after that two times daily is enough.
Is it Ok to mix wet food with dry dog food?
Yes it’s completely Ok to serve a mixture of both to hounds. However, the ratio can be chosen by an expert opinion of how much dry and wet should be added.
Usually it is recommended that two third of dry curb food and one third of the wet food should be mixed to get the best results. Mixing can be very good for the pooches, as in this way they can get benefits from the nutrients present in both foods. It will make your hairy friend’s diet more balanced and full of nutrients. Also mixing them will help them experience different textures, varieties and different flavors. This practice is also good for your budget because wet food is comparatively expensive than the dry one, so mixing both will use less wet and more dry food.
Wet dog foods to avoid:
Whenever you opt for a wet curb food, always see the ingredients list of that particular food so that it may not have anything toxic or anything your curb is allergic or sensitive to. The top ingredients that mainly cause problems in pooches are:
- Garlic, onions and chives.
- Artificial sweetener(Xylitol).
- Macadamia nuts.
- Cooked bones.
- Corn on the cob.
- Raisins and grapes.
Wet dog food feeding chart:
In order to feed your canine friend with this food, one must know the amount which one has to feed. For that purpose there is always a feeding guideline or chart on the package of dog food. In this chart you can easily assess at what age your dog is and what amount of food he needs, how much ounces you must give him and how many times a day. There are also calories mentioned in chart with each meal. So, this feeding chart is very helpful and must be read before feeding.
Wet dog food for senior dogs:
IAMs proactive health senior canned dog food is excellent for senior curbs.
- It is wet and is purely made of chicken meat.
- It has added vitamins and minerals that are good for the elderly pooches as they need more minerals.
- It is soft, easily digestible and chewable for senior hounds with weaker teeth.
Wet dog food pouches:
Along with the canned packs and tins, the wet food also comes in pouches, and in pouches it should be given from 3 oz can per 3 ½ pounds of dog’s body weight. Each pack contains either 24 pouches per pack and some may contain 72 pouches per pack. At two months of age, a puppy should be given 4 pouches and 5 pouches to a 5 month old puppy.
Wet dog food for puppies:
Eukanuba puppy lamb and rice:
It is perfect formula for puppies!
- It is made with balanced nutrition and minerals.
- It helps in puppy growth and development.
- It also helps puppies build strong muscles.
- It helps to increase fluid intake for making puppies active.
Wet dog food without chicken:
American journey limited ingredient diet lamb and sweet potato recipe:
It is a pre-eminent curb food with no chicken.
- It is affordable and is easily available.
- It contain single source lamb protein.
- It also contains fruits and vegetables goodness.
- No wheat soy or corn added and is recommended by veterinarians.
Wet dog food for sensitive stomach:
Nom nom turkey fare fresh dog food:
- It is over all exemplary for the digestive system of pooches.
- It is very light weighted on stomach and does wonders for the sensitive stomach.
- It contains turkey and brown rice.
- It is readily available and delivered to your door steps.
- It is filled with antioxidants and probiotics which help in digestion.
Wet dog food bulk:
Wet curb food is also available in bulk. You can buy a whole carton of tinned canned wet food and bulk quantities are almost available in all the stores across the world.
Wet dog food UK:
Among many other popular brands in UK, Barking head is the top-notch curb food brand of UK.
- It is full of nutrition and packed carefully with the quality materials.
- It contains 80% of meat in every recipe.
- It is full pack of nutrition.
- Barking heads is mostly the travel partner of the most dog owners in UK.
- It can be refrigerated for 3 days.
Wet dog food Walmart:
Walmart is a US based shop that sells all kinds of curb foods. They have a very fast delivery service by Instamart. The Instamart app can be easily downloaded. It gives Insta cards to the regular customers. There is a huge variety of wet food for hounds at Walmart.
Blue Buffalo Wet Dog Food:
It is a superlative wet food choice you can serve your dogs.
- It has whole food and super foods present in it.
- It is cooked on a slow heat to preserve the flavor and nutrients.
- It has a lot of textures and variety of flavor.
- There are no chicken or meat by products added.
- It’s completely safe and is made with pure human grade ingredients specially meat protein.
- It contains minerals, vitamins, Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids and antioxidant blends.
- Its reviews are overwhelming and Blue has made many customers through its amazing results and excellent customer service throughout the years.
Cesar Wet Dog Food:
- Cesar wet food is a mixture of real chicken with a blend of vegetables.
- It comes in eight flavors and has a great variety and taste.
- It is made to cater needs of all types of hounds especially the smaller ones.
- It promotes healthy skin and coat and has enhanced minerals and vitamins for complete nutrition.
- It has five star ratings and excellent reviews.
- The fresh lock seals preserve the flavor.
Wet food is one of the best options in curb food types. It is perfect for dog’s hydration and other problems caused by water deficiency. This food is full of nutrition and is filled with essential minerals and vitamins. It is readily available in stores world wide and is ready to serve. It is also vet recommended and has a lot of varieties and is made according to the different dog breeds.