Fresh dog food is one of the healthiest food options available in the market for hounds. It is made up of human grade ingredients and is free of preservatives and artificial flavors. It is vet recommended and is budget friendly too! It is very good for gut health, imparts great health benefits to curbs like shinier coat, teeth health, weight loss for obese curbs etc.
Every pet lover wants his dear pet to stay healthy so he does not have to visit vet every now and then. Artificial flavors and additives along with hidden untold ingredients in curb foods may cause damage to your dog and aggravate its allergies. So keeping in view all these things, Fresh food for hounds was formulated which has proved to be one of the best dog food options till date. Its price, affordability and its good impact on dog’s health has made it dominant in the dog food market.
Important details about Fresh Dog Food:
Following are all the important key points and details you need to know before giving fresh food to your dogs.
- What is considered fresh dog food?
- What is the difference between fresh and raw dog food?
- What do vets say about fresh dog food?
- Do vets recommend fresh dog food?
- Do dogs need more fresh food than kibble?
- Is fresh food better than dry dog food?
- How often should I feed my dog fresh food?
- How much fresh food should I feed my dog?
- What is the best fresh dog food?
- Where can I buy fresh dog food?
- Fresh dog food for sensitive stomach.
- Benefits of feeding dogs fresh food.
- Fresh dog food recipes.
- Fresh dog food with grains.
- Fresh dog food brands.
- Fresh dog food delivery.
- Fresh dog food NYC.
What is considered fresh dog food?
The dog food that is made from organic and fresh ingredients that are of human grade, falls into the category of fresh food.
- Fruits like blueberries.
- Vegetables like sweet potato, peas, carrots, and spinach.
- Pure meat like beef, lamb, turkey, chicken etc.
This food is free of any additives, artificial colors, flavors and preservatives. Many food companies are making fresh food on order and offering subscriptions. Some companies offer frozen foods while others offer packaged fresh food for hounds. This food requires some cooking and preparation and needs special serving instructions.
What is the difference between fresh and raw dog food?
Fresh and raw curb food are mostly confused together, however both are not the same.
Fresh dog food:
This is the food that includes fresh human grade ingredients like meat, vegetables and fruits that are organic but it has to undergo slow heat cooking and needs to be cooked to some extent. All fresh foods are made according to the AAFCO standards and they have all the nutritional adequacy. This food also needs to be stored properly under certain conditions and packaging must also be carefully designed to retain the flavor.
Raw dog food:
Raw food is completely raw, not even minimally exposed to heat and is not even cooked. It is not considered a nutritionally packed diet. Feeding raw meat slab to a hound does not contain all the essential nutrients that your curb needs. Therefore, raw grounded bones, organ proteins along with muscle proteins are added to fulfill the vitamins and minerals deficiency. Supplement packs are added in raw meat so that its nutritional deficiency can be fulfilled and mostly raw meat and food is found in frozen packs in stores.
But vets mostly recommend fresh curb food over the raw one!
What do vets say about fresh dog food?
Vets mostly recommend this curb food than any other food like dry kibble, canned or raw. Dry and canned foods are full of additives and preservatives while raw meat has many bacteria and uncooked raw meat can be dangerous for hounds sometimes and also has nutritional deficiency, so fresh food supersedes all other types of foods.
This food is considered best and vet recommended because:
- It has 100% human grade ingredients.
- Dogs are mostly fed on good meat and Protein is one of the main ingredients in their diet. Therefore fresh meat like chicken, beef, lamb and turkey in the fresh curb food provides the dogs with 90% of proteins. Vets are of the view that fresh meat makes a lot of difference. Fresh food protein is extracted from farm raised animals.
- Vets also recommend the presence of fresh fruits in the diet of hounds. These fruits include blueberries, banana, apples and fresh vegetables like sweet potato, kale, spinach, carrots, peas etc are the treasure boxes of minerals, vitamins and amino acids.
- Fatty acids, Omega 3 and 6 also play an important role in the diet of curbs.
If these ingredients are available then it’s considered a complete balanced diet and fresh dog food has all of these ingredients.
Do vets recommend fresh dog food?
Yes, the majority of the vets recommend it. The vets may have a difference of opinion regarding different brands selling this food but they are mostly on one page in this stand that fresh curb food is the best and vets totally recommend it.
Do dogs need more fresh food than kibble?
Yes, they need more fresh food than kibble (dry curb food). This is because fresh food amazingly increases health and once hounds are fed with fresh food, they feel fuller and there is no need to feed them with kibble or any other food. Kibble is mostly dry dog food filled with preservatives and additives with less water content. Mostly kibble is made with low quality products and some hidden ingredients that may cause gut health damage and may cause upset stomach and loose stools. Kibble can cause many other health issues in pooches because of hidden additives that may cause allergies in curbs. Following are the key features of fresh food:
- No hidden ingredients.
- No preservatives or additives.
- It is not ultra-processed.
- It will boost your dog’s immunity and gut biome.
- It increases mineral and vitamin intake and their hunger is satisfied for longer time.
So, definitely hounds need fresh food more than kibble.
Is fresh food better than dry dog food?
Yes, it is better than dry food in every way. Fresh food for hounds is a complete balanced diet that has all the essential nutrients and minerals along with essential moisture and water content. It has fresh ingredients and is made with pure meat and organic products. Dry food on the other hand may have less water content that may cause dehydration in hounds. It may contain many additives, preservatives, artificial flavors and colors that may cause digestive issues, indigestion, constipation and skin allergies in pooches. So, fresh food is definitely a better choice than dry one.
How often should I feed my dog fresh food?
You should feed your curb with fresh food more often. It can even be fed on daily basis. As it is free of chemicals, preservatives, additives and artificial flavors, therefore it is not harmful for your dog’s health. It is completely safe, increases gut health, makes dog’s skin and coat healthier and shinier, boosts immunity and is an excellent balanced diet. So, you can solely feed your curb with fresh food and not any other food. It is very good and it should be fed often.
How much fresh food should I feed my dog?
There is no specific amount that should be fed. This is because the amount totally depends upon the following factors:
- Activity level.
- Age of your canine friend.
Small pups may be fed different amount than the larger hounds and similarly obese curbs may be fed less than the active dogs. So the amount varies accordingly. But generally:
- Small pups or toy breeds may be given 1/4th to a maximum 1 cup of fresh food.
- Small breeds can have 2 cups maximum.
- Medium sized hounds may have 2/3rd cup or max 3 cups.
- Larger breeds may have 3 and a 1/2 cups of fresh food.
- Adult curbs may have maximum 4 cups according to their physical conditions.
- Senior hounds may be fed lesser than adult ones, they may have maximum 3 cups.
What is the best fresh dog food?
The Farmers fresh curb food is considered to be the best one. Its beef recipes are very popular.
- Lentils, beef, sweet potatoes, carrots and beef liver.
- It has great variety and is made for every dog’s type.
- It is grain-free, full of minerals, vitamins, fiber, vegetables, fruit goodness and juices.
- It includes flavor in turkey, pork and chicken along with beef.
- The food has a good water content and is also moist and does not cause dehydration in curbs.
- It is free from additives.
- It is completely recommended by veterinarians.
Where can I buy fresh dog food?
It is available in all the stores country wide and also on online stores. It can also be purchased from the official website of a certain brand to get the food delivered to your doorstep. Also these fresh foods for hounds are available on top websites like Amazon and Walmart.
Fresh dog food for sensitive stomach:
Fresh pet is one of the brands that offers the fresh food for sensitive stomach hounds. It has steamed cooked chicken with pumpkin and brown rice and is best for sensitive stomach and skin. It has natural Pro and Prebiotics, proteins that are digestible, Omega fatty acids and vitamin A for healthier skin and coat. It is free of preservatives and hidden ingredients. It includes:
- Chicken liver, carrots, brown rice, eggs, sweet potatoes and fish oil.
The dog is fed according to its weight and activity and Fresh pet improves digestibility and gut health.
Benefits of feeding dogs fresh food:
There are innumerable benefits of feeding your hounds with fresh food, some of them are mentioned below:
- Fresh food gives them more energy.
- It is a complete balanced diet.
- It boosts their immune system.
- It improves their gut health.
- It improves skin and coat health.
- Strengthens their teeth.
- Brightens up their eyes/improves vision.
- Firms their stool.
- Gives owners peace of mind and satisfaction.
- Less visits to the veterinarians.
Fresh dog food recipes:
There are many easy DIY home made fresh food recipes for hounds. Two of the recipes are mentioned below:
1) Flavored rice:
The ingredients include:
- 3 pounds of ground beef.
- 2 cups of white or brown rice that is uncooked.
- 1 tablespoon of salt for taste.
- 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 28 ounces of beef stock.
- 1 and a 1/2 cup of shredded broccoli.
- 2 cups of sweet potato, either shredded or of cube sizes.
- Add shredded spinach.
First of all boil the rice with one cup of rice and 2 cups of water, also add the beef stock in the water. Boil the rice in the beef stock to give it a complete beef flavor. You can also make rice with chicken and turkey flavor. Bring water to boil until rice is cooked, then take it out to cool it bit in a pan. Then in a pan, take the grounded beef and let it cook on the slow heat. Saute all the vegetables in butter separately. When everything is ready, in a large bowl put ground beef in one part and put veggies in another and rice on the other. You can mix three of them. Your flavored rice is ready! You can put them in small bags as required and freeze as well. It can be given daily according to the caloric count and your canine friend will love this recipe.
2) Turkey and veggie dog food recipe:
The ingredients needed for this recipe are:
- 2 tablespoon chicken liver.
- 2 lbs lean turkey meat.
- 2 carrots medium sized.
- 1 cup of cauliflower chopped.
- 1 cup of green beans.
- 2 tsp of olive oil.
This recipe is quite easy and takes only 20 minutes to cook. To prepare this, just cook the chicken liver and turkey meat together in a pan in small amount of olive oil. Flame should be low so that meat is properly cooked. In a side pan, mix all the veggies together with a pinch of salt and vinegar and saute them for few minutes until the veggies are soft enough to chew. Then add the meat and veggies together in a bowl and your turkey veggie dish is ready to serve to your loved pup.
Fresh dog food with grains:
Ollie is one of the fresh curb food brands that makes grain inclusive fresh food. As certain hounds are not allergic to barley, white rice, soy and grains, therefore a small range of Ollie has grains for such pooches. Grains not only bind the products of the curb food but also is safe and healthy, therefore Ollie uses grains in this range to fulfill the needs of such hounds.
Fresh dog food brands:
Three top-notch fresh food brands include:
- Ollie fresh curb food.
- Nom nom fresh curb food.
- Farmers dog fresh food.
These three are considered the best fresh dog food brands and all these three brands make fresh human grade food made with pure and organic ingredients. They have best customer care services and are also best for dog’s health, boosts their immunity and overall health. These brands through their professionalism have made a strong mark in the dog food industry.
Fresh dog food delivery:
Almost all the fresh food brands provide the service of home delivery. Fresh pet provides one of the cheapest fresh dog food delivery. Another most affordable and good option is Ollie fresh food for hounds. It is affordable and the delivery services are excellent too.
Fresh dog food NYC:
Best fresh curb food in New York city by far is Farmers dog. Everyone likes Farmers dog and it has the best ratings and reviews till now. It is also offering 60% discounts on first subscription and is giving vet recommended customized meal plans.
Fresh dog food is thus one of the most demanding dog food in the market. It is made with human grade ingredients and is free of preservatives, artificial colors and flavors. This food is now available throughout the world in different forms and packages. However, to choose the best one is up to you! It is a completely balanced diet with equal portions of proteins, fruits and vegetable goodness with a complete goodness of vitamins and minerals for your dog to thrive to the fullest. Many companies just only claim to be delivering fresh food for dogs but in truth they are selling low grade ingredients that damage your dog’s health, thus it’s better to either make the fresh dog food at home or buy the most trusted and well-known fresh dog food company products.